Melanie 7.0 provides a flexible interface to visualize, explore and analyze 2D electrophoresis gel images, in order to identify protein markers of interest through differential expression analysis. The solution can be applied to a wide range of 2D gel and blot experiments, including DIGE (Fluorescence Difference Gel Electrophoresis).
Version 7.0 of the Melanie software offers an entirely revised user interface and user interaction modes that streamline the analysis process, resulting in major usability and speed enhancements. Melanie 7.0 improves the way researchers analyze their 2-D electrophoresis gels to identify protein markers of interest. It avoids inaccuracies due to manual spot editing and minimizes repetitive match editing tasks. It helps reduce time spent finding significant protein expression changes and increases the reliability of the results.
Melanie supports all 2-D gel image standards, including MEL, GEL, IMG, GSC, 1SC, and TIFF, ensures automatic DIGE gel import from DS files and enables direct image acquisition from Twain-compatible scanners. The software is also integrated with LabScanTM 6.0, a 2-D gel-scanning tool developed by the same team at the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) that enables seamless transfer of images from the GE Healthcare ImageScannerTM to Melanie. Thus, the 2-D image analysis suite manages the entire workflow from image acquisition to the discovery of biologically important proteins.
Melanie 7.0 offers the following benefits:
- Flexible, user-friendly interface
- Comprehensive step-by-step tutorial, to get started quickly with the software
- Support for all 2-D gel image formats, including GEL, MEL, IMG, GSC, 1SC and TIFF, as well as DS files for automatic import of DIGE gels
- Compatibility with many electrophoresis products
- Import/export in Text, Excel® and XML format
- Powerful Undo/Redo
- Annotation capabilities that allow gel objects to be linked to external search engines or databases
- pl and MW Calibration
- Excellent customer support backed by a committed Melanie team